My heressomeawesome post from this past Tuesday:
From artist Conor McGarrigle comes fantastic glitch video art is made from an episode of Mad Men incompletely downloaded from the internet via bittorrent.
From the description:
Video comprising one episode of Madmen incompletely downloaded from the internet via bittorrent. The video has been linearly edited, no digital effects were used and all jump cuts and repeats are in the corrupted file.
The video captures an episode of the popular TV show in the act of being shared by thousands of users on bittorent. The video simultaneously acts as a visualisation of bittorrent traffic and the practice of filesharing and is an aesthetically beautiful by product of the bittorrent process as the pieces of the original file are rearranged and reconfigured into a new transitory in-between state.
It also avoids infringing the copyright of Madmen as it is incomplete.
- cndbrtn reblogged this from seafoamispretty
- cndbrtn likes this
- seafoamispretty reblogged this from secondattention and added:
- jamescurryiv likes this
- global-culture reblogged this from kenyatta and added:
- global-culture likes this
- mykol78 likes this
- lizlet likes this
- kenyatta reblogged this from heressomeawesome and added:
- worldsoldestbaby likes this
- secondattention reblogged this from pushinghoopswithsticks and added:
- medium-talent likes this
- ahouseoflies reblogged this from pushinghoopswithsticks
- relicsatheart likes this
- pushinghoopswithsticks reblogged this from heressomeawesome and added:
- bionicoaf likes this
- accidentallydomesticated likes this
- alexsexymonster likes this
- twoforapoundxtwo reblogged this from heressomeawesome and added:
- okorogariist likes this
- thecultureofme likes this
- heressomeawesome posted this